Giuseppe Emanuele Adamo
- Head of Marketing Department, EAE Business School, Madrid, Spain
- Past affiliations: St Luis Univerisity, UFV, UCJC, UON.
Short professional biography:
Giuseppe Emanuele Adamo is the Head of Marketing Academic Department at EAE business School, Madrid, Spain. He is also director of the PG program in Design Thinking at UDLA, Quito, Ecuador.
Previously, he served as academic director of the degrees in Event Management (PG) and Event Marketing and Management (UG) at University of Bedfordshire Business School and Fashion Marketing (UG) at University of Northampton, United Kingdom.
He is Fellow of HEA (Higher Education Academy), United Kingdom and accredited by Aneca, the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain.
He got a Ph.D. in Business Administration (major in marketing) and an M.Sc in Quantitative Methods from Carlos III University (Spain) and BA in Social Science from Unical (Italy).
His research activity focuses on brand community, creativity, innovation and destination management. His works have been presented in peer-reviewed conferences such as EMAC and AMA and published by ATLAS, LSA, Internacional Journal of Tourism Research and Journal of Intellectual Property law and Managmenent.
From the professional side he worked as key account manager for Kellogg’s Inc. (Milano) and Manpower Spa (Roma). Currently he is partner of the Marketing Group, the International Research Group on Marketing and Company Competitiveness y member of the Sila National Park Scientific Committee.
- Marketing Strategy, Customer Value
- Consumer Behaviour, Sustainability
Publications & Research:
- Velasco, E. and Adamo, G. E., (2021) “Edu-tourism and Roots tourism: niche tourism and sustainability, I report on Root Tourism in Italy, Egea, Milano, pp. 204-207, ISBN: 9788823847002
- Adamo, G. E., Ferrari, S., & Gilli, M., (2019). Creativity as a source of differentiation in urban tourism: the case of Torino city. International Journal of Tourism Research. DOI: 10.1002/jtr.2261
- Evans, A.I., Adamo, G.E & Czarnecka, B. (2019). European Destination managers’ ambivalence toward the use of shocking advertising. In E. Bigne, and S. Rosengren (Eds.), EAA Advances in Advertising Research, Springer.
Masters and Courses held by the teacher
- Marketing Management